* Flavaful Tips & Bits *
Forget soup splattering in the office microwave. Prep and build these "lunch jars" instead for delicious homemade
lunch any day of the week!
For this first one, add hot water; it will cook the noodles and bring the flavors of the jar to life! Add soy sauce and/or sriracha, and feel free to experiment with all sorts of veggies, like spinach and bean sprouts to make your own:
Mason Jar Miso Ramen Soup
2 teaspoons white miso paste
1 teaspoon minced ginger
½ teaspoon minced garlic
½ carrot, peeled and sliced into thin matchsticks
¼ cup shiitake mushrooms, thinly sliced
⅓ cup shredded bok choy, stems removed
3 ounces (½ cup) extra-firm tofu, cut into tiny cubes
2 ounces dry rice noodles
1 scallion, thinly sliced
Soy sauce, to taste
Sriracha, to taste
1. Add miso paste, ginger, and garlic to the bottom of a 1 quart wide-mouth mason jar
2. Top with carrots, mushrooms, bok choy, and tofu
3. Add rice noodles, breaking them to fit. Top with scallions and screw on the lid.
4. When ready to eat, unscrew the lid, and add boiling water to the jar to cover the noodles. Replace the lid, swirl the jar around, and let sit for 8 minutes until the noodles are soft.
5. Pour into a bowl, add soy sauce and/or sriracha to taste. Enjoy!
Mason Jar Chicken Burrito Bowl
This homemade burrito bowl is packed with protein,
whole grains and veggies. Whisking up the dressing at the bottom of the jar ensures the lettuce at the top stays
fresh and crisp while the veggies at the bottom
are infused with spice and flavor.
If you’re planning on making the jar a few days ahead, don't add the avocado until "the morning of."
1 tablespoon lime juice
2 tablespoons olive oil
¼ teaspoon cumin
¼ teaspoon chili powder
¼ teaspoon honey
⅛ teaspoon salt
¼ cup diced red bell pepper
¼ cup fresh or frozen corn, thawed
¼ cup black beans
½ cup cooked brown rice
½ cup cooked, shredded chicken
1 cup chopped romaine lettuce
2 tablespoons shredded Mexican blend cheese
¼ avocado, chopped into small cubes
¼ cup crumbled tortilla chips
1. Combine the lime juice, olive oil, cumin, chili powder, honey, and salt in the bottom of 1 quart wide-mouth mason jar. Stir with a fork to combine.
2. Add bell pepper and tomatoes.
3. Add corn, black beans, brown rice, and chicken.
4. Add lettuce, pressing to pack it down, then top with the cheese, avocado, and cilantro. When ready to eat, pour salad into a bowl and top with crumbled tortilla chips.
Umm Umm Good!
Got a Recipe to Share? We're happy to post it!
Please use the following Contact Box below to send us your recipes, jokes and other
"Tips & Bits."
Its Winter-time, a great excuse to share a few jokes!
Q: What do you get if cross a snowman and a shark? A: Frost bite!
Q: What does Frosty's wife put on her face at night? A: Cold cream!
Q: What is a snowman's favorite snack?
A: Ice Krispy treats.
Q: What did Jack Frost say to Frosty the Snowman?
A: Have an ICE day!
Q: Where does a snowman keep his money?
A: In the snow bank.
Q: How was the snow globe feeling?
A: A little shaken.
Proverbs 17:22 tells us: A merry heart does good like medicine, but a broken spirit dries the bones.
Share a Smile today