* Flavaful Tips & Bits *
Fresh Corn Cakes with Summer Salsa
A lite and delicious veggie dish
the whole family can enjoy!
3/4 cup of white whole-wheat flour
1/2 cup plain yellow cornmeal
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 cup sour cream
2 large eggs
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 & 1/4 cups fresh corn kernels (or substitute frozen corn)
2 tablespoons minced jalapeño pepper
1/2 cup diced yellow squash
1/4 cup chopped green onions
1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
1 7 1/2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
1 medium tomato, chopped
1. Combine flour, cornmeal, baking powder, salt, and pepper in a large bowl.
2. In seperate bowl combine sour cream, eggs, and 1 tablespoon oil, stirring until smooth. Add with corn and jalapeño to flour mixture; stir until combined.
3. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Divide the mixture into 8 equal portions (about 1/3 cup each) and shape into patties.
4. Add patties to skillet and cook, 6 minutes on each side.
5. Combine squash, green onions, basil, vinegar, tomato, remaining oil and a pinch of salt and pepper in a bowl, and toss.
6. Place 2 corn cakes on each plate and top evenly with salsa.
Got a Recipe to Share? We're happy to post it!
Please use the following Contact Box below to send us your recipes, jokes and other
"Tips & Bits."
a great excuse for seasonal jokes:
Q: Why do lemons wear suntan lotion?
A. So they won’t peel.
Q: Why don’t oysters share their pearls?
A: Because they’re Shellfish!
Q: Why do fish like to eat worms?
A: Because they get hooked on them!
Q: What is a shark’s favorite sandwich?
A: Peanut butter and jellyfish!
Q: What are frogs favorite summertime treat?
Proverbs 17:22 tells us: A merry heart does good like medicine, but a broken spirit dries the bones.
Share a Smile today